Do you drool over the fresh, juicy berries and sweet cherry tomatoes for sale each summer at your local farmer’s market, but find that the price of local produce is a bit out of reach? You might be eligible to receive Senior Farmer’s Market Coupons/Vouchers.
Funded by the USDA, the Senior Farmer’s Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP) provides low-income seniors with coupons/ vouchers that can be exchanged for eligible foods (fruits, vegetables, honey, and fresh-cut herbs) at approved farmers’ markets and farm stores. Senior Farmer’s Market Coupons will be available at the BSAC starting Friday, June 14, 2019 at 9:00am (supplies are limited). Recipients will receive coupons exchangeable for $40 in edible produce at the Bellingham, Barkley and Ferndale Farmer’s Markets or at Bellewood Acres. To be eligible, you must meet all of the following:
- Be 60 years old or older (55+ if Native American or Alaska Native)
- Be a resident of Washington State
- Have an income below:
- $23,107 Annual / $1,926 Monthly for 1 person, or
- $31,284 Annual / $2,607 Monthly for 2
- Add $681 monthly for each additional person in the household.
*One set of vouchers per person
**Proof of income not required
***Must be present to receive coupons
For more information, call: 360-746-6480.