Become a Member!
Our Mission is to offer a wide range of classes, activities and services for people over 50 years of age and over to encourage emotional, mental and physical wellness for a healthy, active and independent lifestyle.
The Bellingham Senior Activity Center (BSAC) is a program of Whatcom Council on Aging a 501(c)(3)
Membership is open to anyone age 50 and better. Our programs and services include health and fitness, lifelong learning, recreation, arts, travel, and social interactions. The annual membership fee of $50 is based on the calendar year and new membership fees are prorated.
As a member, you have access to:
- Over 100 programs and activities each month
- Free Internet access and WIFI (wireless internet access) at the Center
- Free use of laptop
comptersand access to tech help
- Discounted class fees and trip rates
- E-mail subscription to weekly e-news and special events announcements
- An all-volunteer run Gift Shop with ever-changing items for sale
The Coffee Bar open
8amto 3pmfor coffee and snacks; Monday through Friday
- Community Dining providing lunch Monday through Friday, and
- Meals on Wheels delivered to your home
- Fitness Center
- Countless opportunities to meet new friends and share the companionship of long-time friends
- Opportunity to help the Center implement it’s
strategicplan to becoming a member of the Advisory Committee
- Members-only events and program
- A volunteer coordinator who can help you engage in volunteering at the Center
No Senior will be denied access based on inability to pay membership dues. Scholarships are available for anyone requesting that membership dues be waived because of financial hardship. We will gladly accept your donation to this fund to support those who cannot make a contribution.
We are actively encouraging seniors to volunteer and help make the Bellingham Senior Activity Center a great place to come. We have volunteer opportunities that including manning the Front Desk by checking in people and collecting daily and annual fees. Coffee Bar, Dining Room, Front Desk, Donut Pickups, Data Entry, Custodial assistance, Room Set up assistance, Open Gym assistant, Pancake Breakfast, Hospitality Desk, Gift Shop, Crafts and Decorating. We have 2 shifts a day
Keep in Touch
The best way to know what is happening and to stay active is to come to the Center daily. If you would like to stay connected virtually, check out our monthly calendar by picking up one of our Bulletin or sign up for a weekly E-Newsletter delivered every Friday to you through e-mail.
Members’ addresses and phone numbers are not given out and are kept confidential.